Saturday, June 19, 2010
Today, our baby girl graduated from Cal State, San Bernardino with a BA (and high honors) in Anthropology. We are so proud of her! She has been focused and driven during her time in college--I admire that in her.
Kelley is not done yet, however. She has decided to pursue a BSN from Cal State, San Marcos so that she can go on to become a Lactation Educator. A friend told me that our 20s are a time when we are defining ourselves and I see both of our girls doing that--deciding what they want to do and then pursuing it. You go, Kelley!
Friday, June 18, 2010
Tuesday, June 15, 2010
One of the things I love about being a teacher is summer vacations. Now, I have time to reflect on my year with my students--what worked? What would I do differently? And, I'll do a little planning for next year but first...
My To-Do List:
1. Take care of myself - eat healthy and exercise daily
2. Relax, read, lay in the sun, drink iced tea
3. Learn everything I can from Joyce Meyer--she is my new guru (thanks, Stella!)
4. Reorganize the office and the sitting area in our room
5. Finish planting the backyard
6. Organize my photos for scrapbooking then get back to it
Ahhh, I'm already off to a good start...
(Note: this is NOT my backyard--soon it will be so lush! This is from sunset.com)