Saturday, June 19, 2010

Happy Graduation Day, Kelley!


Today, our baby girl graduated from Cal State, San Bernardino with a BA (and high honors) in Anthropology. We are so proud of her! She has been focused and driven during her time in college--I admire that in her.

Kelley is not done yet, however. She has decided to pursue a BSN from Cal State, San Marcos so that she can go on to become a Lactation Educator. A friend told me that our 20s are a time when we are defining ourselves and I see both of our girls doing that--deciding what they want to do and then pursuing it. You go, Kelley!

3 comments:

Alicia said...

Yeah! Following in mama's footsteps! Congrats (not the lactation part, the education part lol)

Sue said...

I feel the same way! She's going into education too she's just going to be working with adults, not kids. I even helped her write lesson plans for lactation educator classes--she had objectives and everything. Who knew?

Shaun, Erica, Isaac, Parker, & Blake said...

I love that you still call her your baby girl! I'm sure it will forever be that way too! Isaac always corrects me when I call him my baby boy. "No mommy. Parker's a baby. I'm a big boy!" Congrats!