Saturday, January 3, 2009

Thoughts on 2009


Every Saturday evening, we attend church at The Grove. God speaks through Pastor Tom in an amazing way. Tonight, we were asked what kind of people we would be if we knew we only had one year to live.

What would I stop doing? I'd stop wasting money on silly things, I'd stop being such a whiny grump, I'd stop working so much.

What would I start doing? I'd start spending more time with God, I'd demonstrate my love for Ken by giving him more of me, I'd spend more time with family and friends.


Dear God, I pray that...
  • I will spend time with You daily, reading Your word and in prayer. Grant me the courage to get involved at church.

  • I will love Ken more and work to make our marriage GREAT!

  • I will slow down and enjoy your creation: the world around me and the people around me.

Thank you, God, for new opportunities to change, grow, and mature.



3 comments:

Alicia said...

Whiny grump? I would never describe you that way! I think you are dedicated, kind-hearted, and a true friend. :) God sees that too you know.

Juliet Colors said...

Those sound like pretty positive resolutions to me: loving and focusing on the here and now. :-)

Thanks for you sweet comments on my blog!

Shanalea Atchison said...

Let me know how I can pray with you and for you. My resolutions are very similar to yours.