Thursday, July 23, 2009

Countdown to our vacation...


We finally received confirmation on our airline tickets so we're off to the eastern part of the U.S. very soon! We're flying into Atlanta on August 13 and will spend a day or two with my cousin and BFF, Lisa and her husband Bob, who we haven't seen in at least ten years. Then we're driving (we love road trips!) to West Virginia to visit Ken's brother, Scott and his wife Lucinda. We'll spend a day or two there then make a big loop to come back to Atlanta, driving through as many states as we can. We want to see as much as possible since we probably won't get back that way again very soon. We'll be flying home the day before I have to report back to school. The girls will be home taking good care of our little man, D.C. I can't wait!
P.S. - I've added a picture of me and Lisa from our visit. We enjoyed catching up and getting closer--it's been over 10 years since we've seen each other!

3 comments:

The Berghorn Family said...

Yeah! Exciting...we did that trip when Syd and Savannah were 1 and 4! We started in Atlanta and then went to South Carolina and on up to New York and Washington DC. My grandparents were from West Virgina: Wheeling, West Virginia. Say a little prayer for them when you go to W.Va. Grant and Gertrude Pinney!

Mona said...

Enjoy your trip. It sounds like a wonderful way to spend time before we go back to the grind...I mean...wonderful job I love...

Alicia said...

That sounds so fun friend, but I thought I was your BFF! hehe Have a safe and relaxing trip.